Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents The album documents barracks life, rifle range acitivity, the Army Service School, Leavenworth prison, engineer training (road march, bivouac, pontoon bridges, walls, base camps, and locomotives (including some from the Paris-Orleans railway), rolling stock (box cars, flat cars, and tank car gondolas), steam shovels, and trucks (5 ton and ambulances). Post-war images include vehicles, buildings, construction (railroad bridge, river lock, river boat crane, barges, paved roads, etc.).
Dates: 1917 - 1919
Scope and Contents 2 "Ideal Scrapbooks" containing clippings of the war. Hand numbered pagination. Each volume indexed by compiler, which precedes each book's major section. Each volume concludes with key listing newspaper clipping sources. Some clippings laid-in to rear of Book 2. Leaflet of the President's April 2, 1917 War Message is folded and stored in tipped-in envelope in read of Book 1. The majority of clippings are from Chicago, Louisville, or Lexington papers.
Dates: 1917 - 1918
Dates: 1907 - 1919
Scope and Contents War book: 23 leaves of blank paper with photographs and other scrapbook type material glued on, usually to leaf recto only. Illustrated with 44 B/W photographs, 4 half-ton images of airplanes, one photostat of an incendiary bomb fact sheet and one newspaper excerpt of "Christmas and War" by the Univ. of IL Dean of Men. Photo album/scrapbook consisting of 44 B/W photos, 4 half-tone images, press cutting, and one photostat; housed in a 2-ring binder; all regarding the US School of...
Dates: 1917 - 1918
Scope and Contents An album of tipped-in photographs compiled by an unidentified soldier--a member of the 3rd Home Counties Brigade, A Royal Field Artillery (Cinque Ports) division of Britain's Territorial Forces during WWI; the division's purpose was to relieve regular troops needed at the Front. The photos document the soldier's service in India and Mesopotania, showing a variety of both personal and professional experiences ranging from tourist-type acitivities, hunting excursions, and views of the brigade in...
Dates: 1914 - 1918
Scope and Contents 15 scrapbooks and 1 box full of newspaper clippings dealing with the Great War/World War I
Dates: 1914 - 1919
- Subject: Special Collections -- Scrapbooks -- World War I X
- Tavistock Books 5
- Tavistock Escrow Account 2
- Francine O'Hornett account 1
- Harrison, Ben, 1833-1901 1
- Keller, David Henry Esten 1
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 1
- United States. Army. Engineer Battalion, 5th 1
- United States. Army. Engineer Regiment (Railway), 18th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 56th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 78th 1
- United States. Army. U.S. School of Military Aeronautics 1
- Unknown provenance 1
- Young Men's Christian Association (England) 1
- Young Men's Christian Association (France) 1 ∧ less