Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the scripts for 52 plays with corresponding musical scores plus 16 musical scores without scripts. Included in the collection are autograph and typescript lyrics, correspondence, theatre programs, press cuttings, and miscellaneous. The dated scripts and their corresponding musical scores are arranged chronologically; undated scripts and scores follow in an alphabetical sequence. Any correspondence and/or press cuttings related to a play's production are inter-filed...
Dates: 1937 - 1980
Scope and Contents Consists of photographs, calling cards, pamphlets, calendars, diaries, clippings, autographs, quotations, costume and scene renderings, correspondence, playbills, programs, and posters. All materials pertain to performers, American and non-American theatres, plays and other performed works, collectors, miscellaneous, and oversized materials.
Dates: approximately 1762-1981
Scope and Contents The Enid Bagnold correspondence contains 83 handwriten and typed letters and postcards from Enid Bagnold (Lady Jones) to Cynthia Asquith (Lady Diane) and date from 1928 to 1953.
Dates: 1928 - 1954
Scope and Contents Theatre and dance costumes, shoes and accessories.
Dates: 1951 - 1998
Scope and Contents The Wayne F. Maxwell, Jr. manuscripts consist of the typescripts and/or photocopied typescripts of five plays, two screenplays, five short stories, and several untitled poems written by Wayne F. Maxwell, Jr., a University of Tulsa speech major (Class of 1954), actor, director, and playwright. Some of Maxwell's plays were written and produced while he was a student at the university. Further information about Maxwell and his activities with the University of Tulsa theatre may be found in The...
Dates: 1951 - 1955
Scope and Contents The W. H. (Wystan Hugh) Auden papers include a production copy of the script for The Ascent of F6 used for the 26 Feb 1937 production at the Mercury Theatre; a portion of the script written in the hand of actor Evan John who portrayed the Abbot to be used as a director's prompt copy, together with Stuart Latham's explanation of the above; a musical score for voices; a letter from Auden to Latham, press cuttings and other material relating to the play. Also included in the collection is a...
Dates: 1936 - 1960
- Subject: Theater -- 20th century. X
- Drama -- 20th century. 2
- Theater -- Production and direction. 2
- Theater ephemera. 2
- American Literature 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century 1
- Ben Graf Henneke archive of the performing arts 1
- Composers -- United States. 1
- Costume design. 1
- Dance costume. 1
- Dramatists, American -- 20th century. 1
- Music -- Scores. 1
- Music -- United States -- 20th century 1
- Musicals. 1
- Performing arts -- United States. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Bagnold, Enid. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Auden, W. H. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Henneke, Ben Graf. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Maxwell, Jr., Wayne F. 1
- Theater -- 18th century. 1
- Theater -- 19th century. 1
- Theater programs. 1 ∧ less
- English 4
- Multiple languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- University of Tulsa. Theater Department 3
- Asquith, Cynthia Mary Evelyn, Lady, 1887-1960 1
- Auden, W.H. (Wystan Hugh), 1907-1973 1
- Bennett, Lynette 1
- Bertram Rota, Ltd 1