Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents World War I diary, written by Denton E. Brome Jr., beginning on approximately September 14, 1917 and ending on August 17, 1918. The diary chronicles Brome's duties as a Navy Corpsman stationed in France. Subject matter includes the daily duties of hospital maintenance, wound clean-up, and patient care, as well as excursions from the hospital to tourist sites, restaurants, and other hospitals. The diary is 200 pages in length with 20 pages containing full diary entries and numerous other...
Dates: 1917 November 27 - 1918 July 14
Content Description The Group Diary of Sec. VIII, American Ambulance Field Service is unprocessed. Photo album. US.
Scope and Contents Diary of F. Watkins, a US Medical Corps driver. Diary entries generally regard Watkins's activites, primarily in France and include entries regarding his on board experiences and brief notes on the daily weather. The last 20 pages of the diary include 4 pages containing addresses, the remaining 16 pages containing receipts and expenditures.The preliminary pages of the Excelsior diary Include printed yearly and monthly calendars for 1918 and yearly calendar for 1919;...
Dates: 1919-01-01 - 1919-12-31
Item — Box: 000023222274
Scope and Contents This collection contains a nurse’s linen cap, or a part thereof. Buttonholes lay beneath fold, suggesting a scarf may have covered the rear. There is also a mass produced pin with a cameo-like portrait of what may be a nurse.
Scope and Contents Diaries of John Archibald Campbell Colston, a John Hopkins urologist who served with the AEF during WWI. Documenting Colston's participation as one of the medical staff working for the AEF, tracing his activities from his departure on September 15, 1914 through Tuesday, February 23 the following year. A valuable first-hand look at the Great War, from the prospective of a doctor who served.
Dates: 1914 - 1915
Content Description This collection of papers includes letters, notes, post cards, and newspaper clippings to and from Paul M. Hollister, a Michigan journalist, regarding service during WWI, with additional material that is not war related.
Dates: 1915 - 1927
Scope and Contents A group of documents relating to Dr. William Jason Mixter [of Boston, Mass.], Surgeon, Captain and later Major in the U.S. Medical Corps.
Dates: 1916 - 1919; Majority of material found within 1916 - 1919
- Subject: World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care -- United States X
- World War, 1914-1918. 5
- World War I Collection 4
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Diaries 3
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- World War, 1914-1918. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Hospitals 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care 2
- Ambulance drivers -- United States -- History 1
- Brest (France) -- History. 1
- Communicable diseases -- Transmission -- History. 1
- Medicine, Military -- France 1
- Military hospitals. 1
- Orléans (France) -- History. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Brome, Denton E. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Watkins, F. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Manuscripts 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives -- United States. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women. 1 ∧ less
- English 4
- Multiple languages 2
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 1
- Powers Rare Books 2
- American Field Service 1
- Brome, Denton E. 1
- Byrnes, Ben 1
- Carlson, I. Marc, 1962- 1
- Carlson, Jennifer Delaine La Grone, 1963-2017 1
- Charles Apfelbaum Rare Manuscripts and Archives 1
- Colston, John Archibald Campbell, Dr. , 1886-1971 1
- Hollister, Paul Merrick, 1890-1970 1
- Mixter, William Jason, 1880-1958 1
- Tavistock Books 1
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 1
- United States. Navy. Base Hospital No. 1 1
- Watkins, F. 1
- YMCA of the U.S.A. 1 ∧ less