Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 25
Scope and Contents Photo album containing photo-postcards.
Dates: approximately 1918-1919
Scope and Contents Photographic record of the men and their activities at the Air Service Mechanics School, Kelly Field, San Antonio, Texas, 1917-1919 in 2 photo ablums plus loose photos and press cutting regarding Williamette National Cemetery. Most photo pages were annotated in white pencil by the owner.
Dates: 1917 - 1957
Scope and Contents Diary, photographs, artefacts
Dates: 1918 - 1924; Majority of material found within 1918 - 1919
Scope and Contents Contains many of the letters of Charles G. Clement home during the first part of his time in the army. Also contains materials noting his mother's search to discover where he was buried and the 1930 Pilgrimage of War Mothers and Widows to visit his grave. There are also some letters to her younger son, Dennis.
Dates: 1913 - 1962; Majority of material found within 1916 - 1919
Scope and Contents This collection contains twelve letters written by Rumsey Bissell Marston just prior to and during his deployment to France and Great Britain during WWI to his father, mother, brother and sisters. Additional items in the collection are: his military service record, a photograph, a drawing, and the envelopes in which the letters were sent.
Dates: 1918 - 1919
Scope and Contents 2 "Ideal Scrapbooks" containing clippings of the war. Hand numbered pagination. Each volume indexed by compiler, which precedes each book's major section. Each volume concludes with key listing newspaper clipping sources. Some clippings laid-in to rear of Book 2. Leaflet of the President's April 2, 1917 War Message is folded and stored in tipped-in envelope in read of Book 1. The majority of clippings are from Chicago, Louisville, or Lexington papers.
Dates: 1917 - 1918
Scope and Contents Private Fred Hickerson's (Company B. 314th Ammo train, 89th Division) 87 page handwritten diary, recorded primarily while he was in France; plus a black/white snapshot of Fred Hickerson at age 60 laid in.
Dates: 1918 - 1960; Majority of material found within 1918 - 1919
Scope and Contents Small journal, kept in a German pocket notebook, with handwritten entries by George W. Saldo while en route to and in France during the final months of the war; entries continue for several months following the Armistice. George W. Sadlo served as Musician 1st Class in the HQ Band GHQ (Chaumont, France), the 133rd Infantry Band, and the the 4th Infantry Band. Other items laid in includ 2 b/w snapshots of military bands on the march; postcard from Amra McDowell addressed to Geo. Sadlo...
Dates: 1918 - 1921
Scope and Contents American artillery field notebook, alphabetically tabbed, with typed and handwritten notes by various hands; photographic portrait of Major Harvey D. Higley; press clipping.
Dates: circa 1909-1920
Scope and Contents Memorial Day Program, May 30th, 1918; Honor Roll and Service Flag Chart of the Village of Sag Harbor, Long Island, NY, bearing the name of Helen T. Slate handwritten at top; a small flag with 2.5 inch red border surrounding a cream-colored rectangle with a blue star at its center; and a miniature French flag.
- Subject: World War, 1914-1918 -- United States X
- Tavistock Books 9
- Powers Rare Books 4
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 4
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 42nd 4
- Charles Apfelbaum Rare Manuscripts and Archives 3
- United States. Army. Ambulance Company, 167th 3
- Byrnes, Ben 2
- United States. Army. Sanitary Train, 117th 2
- Unknown provenance 2
- Armstrong, Ed 1
- Armstrong, Homer Alva, 1893-1986 1
- Armstrong, Jeanne 1
- Barnes, Jean Carlisle, 1892- 1
- Carlson, Algot Franc 1
- Carlson, I. Marc, 1962- 1
- Carlson, Jennifer Delaine La Grone, 1963-2017 1
- Chatfield, Josiah Clark, 1895-1996 1
- Clement, Charles Gaston 1
- Havenstrite, Margaret 1
- Havenstrite, Paul, 1893-1991 1
- Hickerson, Fred, 1890-1962 1
- Higley, Harvey D., 1882-1962 1
- Jager, Walter Raymond, 1892-1983 1
- Johnson, Beula Addison 1
- Johnson, John Carlisle, 1895-1981 1
- Jones, Cliff 1
- Keller, David Henry Esten 1
- Marston, Rumsey Bissell, 1895-1964 1
- McCusker, Leo, Captain 1
- Mixter, William Jason, 1880-1958 1
- New York Air Brake Corporation 1
- Sadlo, George W., 1895-1960 1
- Slate, Helen T. 1
- United States. Army. Aero Squadron, 94th 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Mechanics School 1
- United States. Army. Division, 2nd 1
- United States. Army. Division, 30th 1
- United States. Army. Engineer Regiment, 16th 1
- United States. Army. Field Artillery 1
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Regiment, 7th. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 80th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 82nd 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 328th 1
- United States. Army. U.S. School of Military Aeronautics 1
- Weathers, Inalea, 1932-2013 1
- Weathers, Russell Olive, 1894-1963 1 ∧ less