Spiro Mounds collection
Artifacts acquired as part of excavations 1936-1942, in conjunction with the University of Oklahoma.
Acquired as a result of the University's participation in the Spiro Mounds site Dig. This may be the collection referred to as the Clark Field collection. Material was brought to Philbrook as part of TU collections, never having been brought here (aside from one short exhibit in McFarlin). In 1975, it was transferred to Gilcrease as a loan. This collection is on loan to the Thomas Gilcrease Museum until at least 2025. There may have been NAGPRA deaccessions.
- approximately 1930s
0 Cubic Feet
- Caddoan Indians -- Antiquities.
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- Oklahoma -- Le Flore County.
- Field, Clark
- Indian Museum collections.
- Indians of North America -- Oklahoma -- Le Flore County -- Antiquities.
- Le Flore County (Okla.) -- Antiquities.
- Oklahoma -- Antiquities.
- Philbrook Art Center
- Spiro Mounds Archaeological State Park (Okla.)
- Thomas Gilcrease Institute Of American History And Art