Photograph album, 1910 - 1915
Archive of Private William Hurford Hutchins of the Canterbury Infantry Battlion, 2nd New Zealand Regiment. Consists of a 181 page handwritten diary with extensive, descriptive entries. Includes photocopied list of wounded, service medallion, and a small photo album containing 59 photographs documenting Hutchins's experiences while in service in Egypt, with a few photos documenting his departure from New Zealand.
- 1910 - 1915
- Hutchins, William Hurford (Photographer, Person)
59 Photographic Prints : Dark gray card stock covers with a blind emboss depicting a spray of flowers. Front and back covers are all of one piece, punched with 2 holes and bound together with an olive green tasseled cord. "Photographs. Xmas 1910" is hand-lettered on the front cover in black ink. All 59 black and white photographs are pasted onto the 8 paper album pages, most with handwritten captions. ; 12.2 x 18.4 x 1 cm
Language of Materials
- Cairo (Egypt) -- Social life and customs.
- Egypt -- Description and travel
- Egypt -- History -- British occupation, 1882-1936.
- New Zealand -- Social life and customs.
- New Zealand. Army. Expeditionary Force
- Scotland -- Description and travel.
- Special Collections -- Photographs -- World War, 1914-1918.
- World War I Collection
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- Egypt
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Naval operations, New Zealand.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- New Zealand
- World War, 1914-1918.
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 USA