Scope and Contents
An artificial collection that consists of materials pertaining to Oklahoma and Oklahomans in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries and is not part of any other collection.
The Oklahoma Collection subsumes the old Oklahoma Ephemera, Oklahoma Historical Photos and Docs and Oklahoma Maps collections. Ephemera was a remnant of the McFarlin Reference Department's vertical files, the larger portion having been sent to the Tulsa City-County Library, which was kept during the late 1940s through the 1970s. The ephemera is comprised of press cuttings from Oklahoma newspapers and magazines and a variety of brochures and government publications, all of which is arranged alphabetically by subject.
The Tulsa Maps collection was designed to give a place for otherwise contextless maps.
The basis of this collection is the remnant of the McFarlin Library Reference Department vertical files which were kept from the late 1940s through the 1970s. The collection consists of press cuttings from Oklahoma newspapers and magazines and a variety of brochures and city and state government publications. Additional material is added as acquired.
- 1864 - 1991
This material is open for research use by any registered reader.
Language of Materials
From the File: English
- Ballentine, Hamilton, 1830-1901
- Boudinot, Elias C. (Elias Cornelius), 1835-1890
- Cemeteries -- Oklahoma
- Cherokee Indians.
- Covell, Caleb
- Foreman, Stephen, Rev., 1807-1881
- Historic sites -- Oklahoma
- Historical markers -- Oklahoma
- Hitchcock, D. D.
- Hitchcock, Sarah
- Mission Press (Park Hill, Okla.)
- National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma -- Cherokee County.
- Park Hill (Okla.)
- Robertson, John Orr, 1866-1867
- Robertson, William Henry, 1866-1867
- Ross, John McDonald, 1820-1841
- Ross, John, 1790-1866
- Worcester, S. A. (Samuel Austin), 1798-1859
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 USA