Ben Byrnes collection of Henry F. Ayres WWI diary and documents, 1918-1979
Scope and Contents
Diary of Henry Fairfax Ayers. Diary embossed on cover H.F. Ayres Lt. Col. V.C.A. U.S.A. Includes 3-ring binder of extensive research from Virginia Military Institute. There is a copy of a war time picture of Ayres in the binder, as well as a photo of the painting of Ayres done by Norman Rockwell. There is also a complete hard copy transcription of the diary.
- 1918 - 1979
This material is open for research use by any registered reader.
Use and Copyright
This material is owned by the University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections. Unpublished manuscripts are under copyright. Therefore, permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from both the repository and the copyright holder.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Collection shelved on 3rd floor.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Ayres, Henry Fairfax, Colonel, 1886-1979
- Fort Andrews (Boston, MA)
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Ayres, Henry Fairfax.
- United States. Army. Ammuntion Train, 53rd
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Regiment, 60th
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Regiment, 68th
- World War I Collection
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Diaries
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Manuscripts
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives -- United States.
- World War, 1914-1918.
- Ben Byrnes collection of Henry F. Ayres WWI diary and documents, 1918-1979
- Milissa Burkart
- 2010 June
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 USA