Edward Dahlberg papers, 1960-1971
Scope and Contents
Series 1: Writings consists of Dahlberg's typescripts and photocopy typescripts of published and unpublished novels, novellas, short stories, essays; galleys and proof pages as well as paste-ups of binding designs and other pre-production material; and works edited by Harold W. Billings in which Dahlberg's works appear (e.g. The Leafless American; Edward Dahlberg. American Ishmael of Letters . A Selection of Critical Essays; A Bibliography of Edward Dahlberg) The writings are arranged alphabetically by title.
Series 2: Correspondence consists primarily of 121 autograph and typescript letters from Dahlberg to his publisher, William R. Holman and to his editor, Harold W. Billings and date from 1965-1967. In addition, there are 43 autograph and typescript letters from Billings to Holman, dating from this same time period. Included in the correspondence are 13 autograph letters from D. H. Lawrence to Dahlberg in reference to Dahlberg's novel, Bottom Dogs, and 24 typescript letters from Dahlberg to novelist/poet, Fanny Howe, as well as letters to Dahlberg's wife, R'lene. The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by correspondent.
Series 3: Miscellaneous consists of a photograph of Dahlberg, a 8mm movie film shot at the Harold Billings home, press cutting of an article about Dahlberg, and an autograph note by Dahlberg in reference to the history of the celebration of stellar time.
- 1960 - 1971
- Dahlberg, Edward, 1900-1977 (Author, Person)
Use and Copyright
Biographical / Historical
2.5 Linear Feet (5 Boxes)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 20th century
- Billings, Harold, 1931-2017 (Author)
- Billings, Harold, 1931-2017 (Correspondent) -- Correspondence
- Dahlberg, Edward, 1900-1977 (Correspondent) -- Correspondence
- Holman, William R. (Correspondent) -- Correspondence
- Howe, Fanny, 1940-
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 (Correspondent) -- Correspondence
- Novelists, American -- 20th century.
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Billings, Harold W.
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Dahlberg, Edward.
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Lawrence, D. H.
- Edward Dahlberg papers, 1960-1971
- Milissa Burkart
- 1992 January
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 US US