Barbara Clement and Leonard LaFerry collection of Richard Shanafelt - Rough Riders ephemera
Scope and Contents
Photograph of the 1st US Volunteer Cavalry, also know as Roosevelt's Rough Riders, taken in San Antonio, TX in 1905; a group photo of an unidentified group of adults and children, Perry, OK; color [laser or ink jet] print of a portrait of Dick Shanafelt, Troop D; three black/white snapshots of the exterior of the Murrell House in Tahlequah, OK; manuscript notebook labeled "Ingleside Club 1895-"; manuscript record book for the Joseph A. Wahl Auxillary of the United Spanish War Veterans; record book and year books for the Adult Home Demonstration Clubs of Cherokee County; a program for a Missouri Valley Medical Society event; and a hand book for the YMCA at the St. Louis College of Physicians and Surgeons. Other items include copies of "Personality" February 1928, "Little Red Riding Hood", "Latrine Gazette", "Return to Pea Ridge", "The Tomb of Abraham Lincoln", "American Heritage" June 1975, and "Libana la Piccola Guida del Trista".
- 1895 - 1997
These materials are in English.
This material is open for research use by any registered reader.
Use and Copyright
This material is owned by the University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections. Unpublished manuscripts are under copyright. Therefore, permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from both the repository and the copyright holder.
4 Linear Feet (2 document boxes, 2 oversize boxes.)
Collection shelved on 3rd floor and 5th floor oversize shelves.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- "American Heritage" June 1975, and "Libana la Piccola Guida del Trista"
- Cherokee Indians -- History.
- Clement, Miriam Milligan, 1898-1968
- Military campaigns -- Cuba
- Murrell, George Michael, 1808-1894
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919
- Shanafelt, Gertrude Milligan, 1896-1993
- Shanafelt, Richard
- Spanish-American War, 1898
- Special Collections -- Ephemera -- LaFerry, Barbara Clement and Leonard.
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- LaFerry, Barbara Clement and Leonard.
- Special Collections -- Photographs.
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st
- Barbara Clement and Leonard LaFerry collection of Richard Shanafelt - Rough Riders ephemera
- Milissa Burkart
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- 2018-02-12: Modified Instances and extants.
- 2018-07: Complete revision of inventory plus addition of digital objects
- 2018-12-11: Correcting extants v. notes, and correcting digital objects.
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 USA