Vernon Scannell papers, 1948-1971
Scope and Contents
Consists of 9 handwritten letters from Scannell (written while incarcerated in Brixton Prison, London) to Jo Scannell (his wife) dating from March to April, 1967. Also included are handwritten poems, radio scripts and plays, and an autobiographical piece, A Proper Gentlemen written in 11 notebooks and writing tablets, and individual sheets.
- 1948 - 1971
These materials are in English.
This material is open for research use by any registered reader. This material is housed off-site and will require advance notice of 1 business day for use.
Use and Copyright
This material is owned by the University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections. Unpublished manuscripts are under copyright. Therefore, permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from both the repository and the copyright holder.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
Collection shelved at off-site storage.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Biography
- Poets, British -- 20th century.
- Radio scripts.
- Scannell, Vernon, 1922-2007 (Author) -- Manuscripts
- Scannell, Vernon, 1922-2007 (Correspondent) -- Correspondence
- Scannell, Vernon, 1922-2007
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Scannell, Vernon.
- Bertram Rota, Ltd (Organization)
- Vernon Scannell papers, 1948-1971
- Milissa Burkart
- 2016 June
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 USA