Ernest Hemingway ephemera, 1918-1968
Scope and Contents
Other material within this series include various bills of sale; itemized receipts acquired during Hemingway's travels in Spain and Africa; fan mail; and unidentified letters.
Series 2: Writings consists of press cuttings of reviews and publisher's announcements; printed blurbs written by Hemingway for various art exhibit catalogues; a galley proof for The Hemingway Manuscripts, An Inventory written by Philip Young and Charles W. Mann; advance galley proofs for The Old Man and the Sea; and various handwritten note fragments.
Series 3: Photographs consists of 17 photos and 4 photo-negatives which include portraits of Hemingway, photos of Hemingway with Mary Hemingway, snapshots of [Italian] soldiers, a snapshot of a bullfight, and a photograph of [John Dos Passos].
Series 4: Personal Ephemera consists of Hemingway's 1937 Spanish driver's license; high school dance card; school assignments and notes; a variety of Spanish publications about bullfighting; publications about big game hunting; a booklet about managing a boxer; and a Cuban newspaper. Most of the material in this series was originally housed in a small leather suitcase belonging to Pauline Hemingway and is shelved with the boxed collection.
- 1918 - 1968
Use and Copyright
4 Linear Feet (7 boxes, suitcase.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Allen, Jay, 1900-1972
- Antheil, George, 1900-1959
- Dos Passos, John, 1896-1970
- Duhamel, Marcel
- Gardner, Ethel, Feutress
- Hemingway, Carol -- Friends and associates
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 (Correspondent) -- Correspondence
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 -- Biography
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 -- Miscellanea
- Hemingway, Grace Hall, 1872-1951
- Hemingway, Pauline Pfeiffer, 1895-1951
- Losey, Joseph, 1909-1984
- Novelists, American -- 20th century.
- Perkins, Maxwell E. (Maxwell Evarts), 1884-1947
- Richardson, Hadley, 1891-1979
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Hemingway, Ernest.
- Special Collections -- Ephemera -- Hemingway, Ernest.
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Hemingway, Ernest.
- Webb, Jon Edgar
- Ernest Hemingway ephemera, 1918-1968
- Milissa Burkart
- 1998 Feburary
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 US US