William G. Adams WWI ephemera
Ephemera of William G. Adams, 472nd Aero Squadron. Contents include: a pocket memorandum book with handwritten entries made primarily in England where Adams performed maintenance on aeroplanes plus newspaper clippings pasted in; printed program for the celebration of the squadron's one-year anniversary of service, 3 September 1918; and an orange and black felt pennant ("Aero Squadron: San Antonio, Tex") representing the squadron.
- Adams, William G., 1893-1972 (Author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This material is open for research use by any registered reader.
Conditions Governing Use
This material is owned by the University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections. Unpublished manuscripts are under copyright. Therefore, permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from both the repository and the copyright holder.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box) : Felt pennant; pocket memo book; paper program.
Language of Materials
Collection shelved on 3rd floor.
Pennant is in fine condition; program has discoloration and some staining, but otherwise in good condition; pocket memo book leatherette cover is brittle and misshapen and the signatures have detached from the covers.
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Adams, William G.
- United States. Army. Aero Squadron, 472nd
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces
- World War I Collection
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, American
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Diaries
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Manuscripts
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives -- United States.
- World War, 1914-1918.
- William G. Adams WWI ephemera
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 USA