George W. Sadlo WWI journal, 1918-1921
Scope and Contents
Small journal, kept in a German pocket notebook, with handwritten entries by George W. Saldo while en route to and in France during the final months of the war; entries continue for several months following the Armistice. George W. Sadlo served as Musician 1st Class in the HQ Band GHQ (Chaumont, France), the 133rd Infantry Band, and the the 4th Infantry Band. Other items laid in includ 2 b/w snapshots of military bands on the march; postcard from Amra McDowell addressed to Geo. Sadlo (Stillwater, Oklahoma); business card from an artist from St. Louis, Missouri; and Information Relative to Compensation and Continuance of War Risk Insurance document.
- 1918 - 1921
- Sadlo, George W., 1895-1960 (Person)
This material is open for research use by any registered reader.
Use and Copyright
This material is owned by the University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections. Unpublished manuscripts are under copyright. Therefore, permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from both the repository and the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
George W. Sadlo was from Prague, Oklahoma, attended Oklahoma State University, and founded the Tri-State Band Festival at Enid, Oklahoma.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Collection shelved on 3rd floor.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Sadlo, George W.
- World War I Collection
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Diaries
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Manuscripts
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives -- United States.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States.
- World War, 1914-1918.
- George W. Sadlo WWI journal, 1918-1921
- Milissa Burkart
- 2014 November
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 USA