Booth family papers, 1820-1890
Scope and Contents
Consists of 42 autograph letters, dating from 1820-1890; 7 Theatre Royal (Covent-Garden) playbills; 2 portraits; and other materials related to Alfred Booth, Edwin Thomas Booth, John Wilkes Booth, Junius Brutus Booth, Mary Francis McVicker Booth (wife of Edwin Thomas Booth), Jervis McEntee (landscape painter), and James Hubert McVicker.
- 1820 - 1890
These materials are in English.
This material is open for research use by any registered reader.
Use and Copyright
This material is owned by the University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections. Unpublished manuscripts are under copyright. Therefore, permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from both the repository and the copyright holder.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 half-size box)
Collection shelved on 3rd floor.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Ben Graf Henneke Library
- Booth family.
- Booth family.
- Booth, Alfred, Sir, 1872-1948
- Booth, Edwin, 1833-1893
- Booth, John Wilkes, 1838-1865
- Booth, Junius Brutus, 1796-1852
- Booth, Mary Francis McVicker, 1848-1881
- McEntee, Jervis, 1828-1891
- McVicker, James Hubert, 1822-1896
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Booth family.
- Theater -- 19th century.
- Theatre Royal, Stratford East (London, England)
- Booth family papers, 1820-1890
- Milissa Burkart
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 USA