Unknown soldier's WWI photo album
- 1907 - 1919
Conditions Governing Access
This material is open for research use by any registered reader.
Conditions Governing Use
This material is owned by the University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections. Unpublished manuscripts are under copyright. Therefore, permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from both the repository and the copyright holder.
1. Linear Feet (2 custom-made archival boxes) : 58-page photo album containing 468 photographic images mounted on black paper pages with black photo corners. ; Album measures 26 x 36.4 x 2.7 cm; photo pages measure 24.9 x 33.6 cm.
Language of Materials
Collection shelved on 3rd floor.
Prior to processing, the photo album pages were removed from the post-bound album covers. Album pages were cleaned of mildew. Each photo was removed, numbered, and digitally recorded. Each individual photo was sleeved with clear polyester and returned to its exact original location, mounted to the album page with new, archival photo corners. The album binding and covers are boxed separately from the photo album pages in custom-made archival boxes.
- France -- Description and travel.
- London (England) -- Description and travel.
- Paris (France) -- Description and travel.
- Prisoners of war -- 1910-1920.
- Special Collections -- Photographs -- World War, 1914-1918.
- Special Collections -- Scrapbooks -- World War I.
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces
- United States. Army. Engineer Battalion, 5th
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 56th
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 78th
- World War I Collection
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aftermath -- France
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Great Britain
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives -- United States.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Photographs.
- World War, 1914-1918.
- Young Men's Christian Association (England)
- Young Men's Christian Association (France)
- Unknown soldier's WWI photo album
- Milissa Burkart
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note