Harriet George Barclay archive, 1921-1986
Scope and Contents
Consists primarily of approximately 5,000 photographic slides taken by Barclay during her botanical field trips. The remainder of the collection contains a group of college and graduate study papers and memorabilia.
- 1921 - 1986
- Barclay, Harriet George, 1901-1990 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Use and Copyright
Biographical / Historical
10 Linear Feet (19 boxes, 3 card-file boxes, carved wooden nameplate, 2 black binders containing slides)
Language of Materials
Series 2: Personal papers (A) Field notes and diaries, dating from Aug 1964 through Oct 1986, and kept separately for each trip. (B) Course notes, taken during Barclay’s college days. (C) Writings, including off-prints of some of her articles. (D) Miscellaneous, notes, photographs, press cuttings, student papers and memorabilia including awards, diplomas and plaques.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Africa -- Description and travel
- Alaska -- Description and travel
- Asia, Central -- Description and travel
- Australia -- Description and travel
- Botany -- South America -- Classification.
- Buck, Paul, 1927-2008 (Arranger)
- Canada -- Description and travel.
- Galapagos Islands -- Description and travel.
- Middle East -- Description and travel.
- National parks and reserves.
- New Zealand -- Description and travel.
- Papua New Guinea -- Description and travel.
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Barclay, Harriet George.
- Special Collections -- Photographs -- Barclay, Harriet George.
- University of Tulsa. Botany Department
- Harriet George Barclay archive, 1921-1986
- Mengu Rahe
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- The literary and scientific class book, embracing the leading facts and principles of science ... with many difficult words explained at the heads of the lessons, and questions annexed for examination ... / Selected from the Rev. John Platts' Literary and scientific class book, and from various other sources ... By Levi W. Leonard ...
- Catalog Record
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 US US